Thursday 2 March 2017

Rehearsal Proposal Plan

Epsom Downs

Performance Dates:
Monday 24th April - Get in and Fitting set
Tuesday 25th April - Tech Rehearsal
Wednesday 26th April - Dress Rehearsal
Thursday 27th April - Matinee + Evening Performance
Friday 28th April - Matinee + Evening Performance + Get out

Starting the text:
In order to start getting into the play, I will need to first look at getting used to the text. The text will be my main source of information that will help me understand the play. It will give me backgrounds to my characters, give me an era and setting that it is set and it gives me more ideas of the mood and emotions with in the play. The rehearsal process will help me in discovering the hidden emotions, characteristics and aims of my characters but the text is going to me the main plot of the play.

I will need to:
  • read through the text, making sure I understand completely what happens within the play
  • I should understand every word, this means I may have to look up certain words if I don't understand there meaning or the context they are in. This may require some research in order to full understand some words especially if they are political or key to the plot of the play.
  • I need to familiarise myself with the characters I am playing. I would do this by highlighting lines of my characters, making sure I understand what happens to my character and start to learn my lines.
Research for the Play
In order to understand to play, characters and the plot, I must research some key features to the play. Without researching the play, I would only have the script itself to guide me, but I may not know what some of the words mean or what the setting would look like or character's. Therefor I need to do research for things like:
  • 1970's British culture, society and history. This could include political views like reds and it could also include race course information 
  • 1970's social classes which could be anything from upper class horse trainers to bookies to gypsies and slang from this era depending on which social class they are in.
  • 1970's style of clothing and hair depending on which social class they are from
  • 1970's popular music, technology and media
  • 1970's TV programmes and movies that are British 
  • Certain words that I may not know the definitions or the context they are in.
  • 1970's figure head like political leaders and TV personalities
  • research other adaptations of the play and the playwright
Character
To better understand my characters I will need to do character studies. It is important to do character studies as it helps find everything out about my character that may not be clearly stated in the script. It also helps to find what our characters look like and even what they like. most of the facts about our characters will be in the script however some of these thing I will have to make up myself as it won't be in the script. With the character study I will have to think about:
  • the character's basics i.e. age, date of birth, gender, name, occupation, relationships 
  • the background of my characters i.e. where my characters live, who are their family, ethnic origin and social class
  • the character's morals i.e. what they believe in, whether they are a good or bad person
  • the character's style i.e. clothing, hair, favourites and dislikes
  • what happens to the character within the play
  • what emotions the character feel during the play 
  • how the characters feel about themselves
  • what others think about your characters
  • consider what the objective of the character is in the play
Rehearsal
The rehearsal process is the most important part of the production as it is the time when the parts of the play are decided on. they help finalise of the stage setting, blocking, props and it even is the time when characters are found. Without this process there would be no decisions made on the play. In order to use my rehearsal time well I will need to:
  • I must be punctual, be on time and ready to work when the director is ready to start
  • to take note on blocking and extra information about the character like emotions and opinions
  • not talking during peoples scenes, instead take notes, learn lines
  • treat each rehearsal like it is the real performance
  • be enthusiastic about everything and be not afraid to experiment with my characters
  • be prepared to try new things
  • note down my  rehearsal process and developments in a blog so i can report my progress of my characters

No comments:

Post a Comment