Thursday 23 March 2017

Mid rehearsal review

We did a session in class where our class peers would evaluated our strength and weakness of this rehearsal unit so far and they even gave us a predicted grade of where we are at at the moment.

Some of the strengths that we said about me was that I am very punctual for rehearsal and that I am very focused whilst I or other people are on stage. I am always prepared to experiment with characters and I listen and take in the feedback that I am given. I have good variation within each of my characters and I have done a lot of research of my characters that I am able to use to help build my characters. I also give it my all in every performance I do and I respect and support others in their performances.

Some of the weaknesses that was said about me was that I need to keep practicing my dialogue as it some times gets lost within the accents that I am trying to put on. Also I sometime go into a high range when I am acting and I stay there which restricts some of the emotions I can put into my characters. I also have a tendency to get stuck in a giggle loops which can become annoying if people are trying to get on with a scene. I also have a tendency to get into sidetracked conversations with my class when I could be getting on with the work.

In order to fix my weaknesses I will try to learn all of my lines as soon as possible so I will have a better grip on them before I try adding an accent. I will also experiment talking in lower ranges in order to extract different emotions in my voice. I will also take my self out of the room to calm down from a giggle loop and overall take my production more seriously as I am confident that with the right mind set, the production could be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment