Thursday 23 March 2017

Actioning and Targets

Targets
For each of my characters I believe that they have a specific target in their scene that they are trying to get. For my character Minty I believe her main target is her car battery. She spends most of her time in her scene dragging it to the dealers so I think her main priority is to get ride of it and to get cash in return. However her other target in the Scene is her daughter Primrose. Minty gets distracted from dragging her car battery when she notices Primroae not working and sunbathing. For the rest of her scene she nags Prim about how their work is important and the dangers of being out with men lurking around.

For my character Dorothy I thought her main target is to get noticed, whether that be by her social equals, the news or even the lower classes. She starts of by arriving in a flashy helicopter and for the rest of the time she is laughing, talking outrageously about people and she's incredibly loud, I can only imagine she wants to get noticed as she loves the attention.

For my character Loud Voice I think her target is to make money and serve drinks. She spends most of her time calling out drink orders and she even goes out of her way to shut people up so that people can drink in peace. She even get very flustered and tired by her work which means she cares.

For my character The Course, woman 3 and jockey 6 I think their target is to inform people (including the audience) what is happening in the race. The course explains the actual track that the horses will run on, woman 3 asks questions to specify when the race will begin and the jockey 6 tells people the mood of the races as he say "Mille for Mede" which means "a thousand times shit".

And finally for my character Lunatic 3, I think their target is to clean up the litter. She spends her time picking up the litter whilst the other lunatics are trying to make conversation. She does say one thing which is "lesser Piggott" but that is probably because she heard a lot of people saying "lester Piggot" through out the day and it probably got stuck in her head on a loop.

Actioning
We are doing Actioning in our scripts so that we know the meaning behind every single line that our characters say. For instance one of Dorothy's lines is "roger! Forgive us Charles. We are a bit merry". This line can be split into three different actionings. The first "roger" she points him out, the second "forgive us Charles" she plees with him and the third "we are about merry" she winks at him. The Actioning doesn't nessisarily mean that she would wink at the character Charles but it has the same meaning in the way the words are said if she did actually wink at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment