Wednesday 13 April 2016

Earthquakes - the character Maryna

Information about Maryna:
. She is a polish woman
. She is a cleaner in a hospital
. She says she doesn't understand English but she does say some English things

Maryna's dialoge she says about herself:
. "I don't understand English"
. "I'm just the cleaner, go and talk to a doctor"

There is not anything said about her by any other characters. I think this is because she is a minor background character who is only meant to observe the story and not be apart of it.

Maryna's actions/behaviours:
. Playing 'I am not a robot' on a tiny radio
. Maryna looks Freya in the eyes
. Maryna picks up her mop and watches
. As the receptionist takes Freya into the hospital, Maryna watches then walks away
. Maryna, the polish cleaner from before, sees Freya and starts singing 'I'm not a robot' by Marina and the diamonds
. Freya leaves the hospital with Maryna
. Freya walks down the road into the city with Maryna, and picking up some other commuters behind her. They walk with and sing
. Peter appears, looking for Freya. Everyone starts moving off, going about their normal boring business. Maryna goes home

My opinions of Maryna's appearance:
Obviously I saw her wearing a cleaning blouse with white shoes because of her job as a cleaner and the place that she works. I also imagined her with curly hair that has been swept into a low pony tail mainly to show that she is trying to keep the environment clean. I thought it work be also ordinary to have her wearing bright rubber gloves or even a hair net just to add more to her job criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment