Monday 16 November 2015

4 "Cherry Orchard" - Rehearsal Process

Original Ideas:
When I first took to the character Lyuba, I decided to look at a version of the play with Judi Dench playing the role of Lyuba. I felt that this was an effective way to introducing myself to the play as I could see how other people interpreted my character. It was not the same version as our play but the translation was very similar which meant that it was easy to follow. I also then decided to base my character of Lyuba to judi Dench. I felt she was a loving woman to her children but she had a soft weakness to her. Altogether I made my Lyuba to be a soft mother character. In order to show this in my character I decided to use high tones in my voice to show the sweater feminine nature of Lyuba and I had a slower pace to show the older and fragile side to Lyuba. I felt this was an accurate interpretation of Judi Dench's Lyuba. However I felt that perhaps something was missing as it didn't feel like I took charge of the character fully.

Questions:
Even after I had watched and read the play I still felt like there was some questions that were raised whilst we were going through the play. For example:

  • What happened to Lyuba in Paris?
  • How long has she been away?
  • How long has she been hurting?

I didn't think that I could wander these questions yet as I hadn't done enough research. So I then went to look at the historical events of this time period and the whole play to see if I could find any answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment