Wednesday 17 May 2017

Final Character Development

When we were first rehearsing our characters in Epsom Downs, we were mainly experimenting with who the character was, what their background was, what are their character traits, what they looked like etc. The weeks leading up to the performance we were practicing and learning more about our characters so when we came to the production week, we had a full understanding of who are characters are.

However we also noticed that it wasn't till production week that we were able to experiment with final extremities of the characters. For example, with my character Minty, I already knew that she had a very mad crazy relationships with her daughter Primrose and it wasn't until production week when we had the costume, props, lighting and setting, that I was finally able to piece together all of her character and I was able to full connect to the character.

Also for my character the derby course i felt that once we were in production week i really loosened up into the character as I felt confident to really go sexual and confident with the character. When I normally said "feared by the hardened man and animal" I would strut around the stage and stare down the audience however once I was on the stage i found my self adding a pelvic thrust the emphasis the confident and sexual mannerism of the Derby Course.

No comments:

Post a Comment