Thursday 12 January 2017

The Rover - Second rehearsal

In today lesson we showed back our newly blocked scene from the Rover and started to change either some of the stage directions or some of the emotions involved in the scene.

For instance we originally had a table centre stage that my character Florinda used to sit behind but now it has been moved the up stage right and is a drinks table that Mike's Character Pedro uses when he enters the scene. We also have two single chairs that are place at the centre back of the stage which was originally were we had the table situated. we use these chairs when me and Katrina first enter as we sit on them to gossip about the man that Florinda loves. We also have moved the chaise lounge closer to the centre so that once Helena had got all worked up she can collapse into it without being too separated from her brother and sister.

We have also added more, or analysed deeper into the character's emotions within the scene. For instance I started of by thinking my character wants to try and keep the piece between her brother and sister but now I see she is more scare of the confrontation and that is the reason why she stays quite through out their argument. I also use my fan as something to hide behind and the calm myself down so that I don't upset myself. It means that I can make some perhaps comedic facial expressions within this scene to ease the situation for the audience.

For Helena's character she started of just hating the fact that she would become a nun and that her sister would be given away to a man she didn't love. However Helena now feels that she must argue to save her sister even though she is the younger of the two. But also she feels that her brother is deliberately saying these things to annoy her so her anger is also built up to try and show her strength as a woman against her brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment