Sunday 15 May 2016

Vocal Development From Other Performances

Contemporary:
In our first production, the Wardrobe, I played my character of Elizabeth originally in a posh accent compared to my own. However I change it to my natural voice s it sound more real for the character. I felt that I was clear with pronunciation and projection in my voice which allowed me to show inflections in my voice and a connection between the other character. However I did have a tendency to use quite high pitch in my voice through out the performance.

Naturalism:
In my performance of the cherry orchard I still had problems in using a high pitched voice which further effected my portrayal of my character Lyuba. She was meant to be an older woman who has had some hard life experiences however my high tones made my character seem younger and therefore hindered some of my vocal characteristics.

Chorus:
In our adaptation of Greek chorus we used a school setting which forced my group to use chavy accents to portray our characters in the text. I felt that my voice had lots of energy and portrayed my character we'll both individually and as an ensemble due to the fact that we all shared the same force tour voices and we were all committed to the character of peer pressure school kids.

Solo Monologue:
For my monologue I played a Russian refugee. This meant that I had use a Russian accent which I felt I was effectively able to portray the accent so that it was clear and emotionally connected to the piece. It also helped me to use lower tones in my voice as the Russian accent is quite slow and low in pitch. I was also able to show the characters maturity as the accent brought an older intensity to the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment