Tuesday 8 March 2016

Vocal practicing

03/02/2016
I first set up what exercises I wanted to do for my own vocal developement programme:
- stretching intercostal muscles and neck
- opening resonators by tapping head, nose and chest
- humming in lower voices
- relaxation e.g. Meditation and insence sticks
- holding and exhale line breath over long periods of time
- putting in pauses in my texts
- tounge twisters

08/02/2016 - first week of practice
I decided to practice my vocal developement programme three times a week so that I was constantly using my voice equally during the week. Personally I felt that I didn't notice much change to my voice as I had only being doing it for a few days so therefore no much would have changed. However I did find the excersise of inhaling, holding and exhaling breathe sometime quite challenging when I got to longer durations of time. To me this showed that this was an element. In my voice that defiantly needed to work on breathe more to make it stronger. I also found the tounge twister "red lorry, yellow lorry" quite easy so I have decided to change the tounge twister to "red lolly, yellow lolly" as I know I have struggled with it before. I hope that changing this will enable me to become better at articulating the L's more in my speech.

15/02/2016 - second week of practicing
On this week I was performing in a show so I felt that I needed to use my vocal programme every day of the week in order for my voice to be prepared for the show. I felt this defiantly helped my voice especially with opening lower resinators as I was playing a character who was meant to have quite a low voice. So I defiantly found the excersise of tapping my head, nose and chest resinators helpful as well as humming in lower tones as it got my voice to the lower register of my voice. I also felt that using the programme more frequently helped to see a bigger change in my voice so I think that I will increase to the times of practicing the vocal programme to five times a week.

22/02/2016 - third week of practicing
In this week we had a collage show however we didn't do much talking in the show so I was not as focused on the resinator excersise said or the humming excersise. Although I did do more of the stretching excersise as we used our body a lot more in this week. The stretches defiantly warmed up my body during the week so I defiantly feel that this excersise works for my body and vocal development programme. However when I was going through some of my monologue for my voice class I tried using the excersise of pausing at all punctuation marks and I found that this techniques wasn't helping me in any way. I felt it actually made it worse for me as I was then unable to rejoin the speech back together so that it would flow like natural dialogue. So I have decided to remove this excersise from the programme as it didn't work for my breathing and my other excersise of exhaling, holding and inhaling for long periods of time does work so there is no real reason for it to be in my vocal programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment